Monday, December 22, 2008

A little french sunflower...


Hello Fellow Bloggers...
For those of you with lots of snow, like us here in the NW...thought a nice sunflower would warm you up. HOW DO you that live in the mid-west or east do all the snow and cold? My boots are off to you...you hardy people!!
In January of 2007, I decided that I wanted to start painting, I have been a crafter, jewelry maker, collager (is that a word?), sculpter and really wanted to paint. So...my love of sunflowers led me to paint about 14 pieces from 2"x2" to 40"x40"...and then I ran out of room in the house to hang them. I'm in the process of making them into greeting cards...
Being snowed in for the last 6 days, I have been in the studio working on a collage...of sunflowers naturally...they are my 'haystacks'...but unlike van Gogh, I will not cut off my ear, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment